- 2 1/2c flour
- 1t baking powder
- 1/2t cinnamon
- 1/2t nutmeg
- 1 1/4c sugar
- 3/4c butter, room temp
- 1 1/2c eggnog, divided
- 1t vanilla
- 2 egg yolks
- 1T nutmeg
- 1/2lb candied bacon, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 300F and parchment up your cookie sheets. Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg and set aside.
- Cream together sugar and butter. Add 1/2c eggnog, vanilla and egg yolks and beat.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat at low speed just until combined. Stir in candied bacon.
- Roll into 1.5T balls and dunk in remaining 1c eggnog before placing on cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg. Bake for 23-25 minutes or until bottoms turn light brown. Transfer to cool, flat surface immediately with spatula.
I didn’t dunk the cookies in eggnog before I baked them, but I highly encourage you to take that additional step to give it that extra burst of eggnog-y flavor. These cookies were soft, tasty, and full of bacon and booze: a merry combo for a Merry Christmas. VIA