From likegems comes this great idea.
Attach wires horizontally in a frame
(remove and save glass for another use)
Hang your fishhook style earrings on the wires.
Makes a pretty display of your favorites.
If it feels like spring’s taking too long to sprout, liven up a winter windowsill by making this mini greenhouse — a recycled take on a cloche, traditionally used outdoors to protect early plantings.
From the OrigamiResourceCenter: Learn this chip bag fold and you will never need a clamp ever again! Have you ever had a bag of unfinished potato chips which you want to keep fresh? These simple steps will allow you to close the potato chip bag without using a clip or clamp. An example of a silly (but undeniably useful) origami fold.
1. Place the bag of potato chips on a table and flatten the top of the bag.
2. Fold the right and left side of the bag towards the middle allowing the corners to meet at the center.
3. Fold the top of the potato chip bag down. Keep folding down 3 or 4 iterations.
4. Insert your thumbs under the flaps made in step 2. Invert the flaps over the top edge.
5. This is how it looks when done.
6. This is how it looks at the back of the bag.
-Flat iron your hair and apply smoothing serum for a more polished look.
-Part your hair to one side.
-On the heavy side of your part, section out a 2-3 inch section that goes back to the middle of the top of your head.
-Clip everything else aside for later.
-With your bang section, you can do a french braid or a twist. It helps to backcomb it first for more body.
-Once your braid/twist is complete, combine it with the rest of your hair and put it in a ponytail as you normally would.