Click HERE for complete article and instructions, Here’s a start:
- 5 cups of sliced bananas
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tbs. lime juice
- generous pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Put all ingredients in large pot over med heat.
- Once the jam starts to bubble, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring regularly.
- While the jam is cooking place jars, lids and any equipment that will come in direct contact with the jam into the oven. Bake for 10 minutes, then shut off oven, but leave items in there until you are ready to use them.
- Once jam is cooked, ladle it into the jars and place lids and screw tips on. As jam cools vacuum will be created and lids will seal (you will generally hear a pinging sound when the seal happens).