About these ads
RSS

Flip Flop Wreath

22 May

b1fc168cbf95a7e0756b7d6fd8cbcbf9 (1)

Nothing says Welcome Summer like flip-flops!

Gather:

• 7-8 Colorful pairs of Flip Flips – check the dollar store, use varied sizes too!
  • Silk flowers
  • Hot Glue
  • Plain Wreath
  • Decorative flat beads/stones

Practice with your layout before you glue anything on. Once you have everything where you want it THEN start gluing. Hang on your front door!

pic via pinterest

About these ads

15 responses to “Flip Flop Wreath

1. pat smith

June 2, 2013 at 12:26 am

I found this flip flop wreath to be very easy to make; however, the glue came detached because of the heat outside so my husband put an ice pick through each flip flop and then wired the flops onto the wreath. There is no way this wreath is going to become detached anymore.

• Sharon Nolte

July 14, 2013 at 1:48 pm

Where do you get ice picks. I thought about wiring the flip flops to the wreath also to hold them on better then gluing them. what do you think?

• Krisgo

July 15, 2013 at 9:28 am

If you want to buy an ice pick – any kitchen store or even grocery store should have them. But you could use a small screwdriver – or a large sewing needle – I would definitely use wire – it would be mush more secure than glue in my opinion. Good luck!

2. Jan

June 22, 2013 at 6:07 am

goop, the marine glue, I think would work. It’s waterproof and adheres quickly

3. Jan

July 7, 2013 at 8:34 pm

What kind of wreath? Grape vine, straw, foam??? Please help. My little girl wants to make one for the fair in a couple weeks

• Krisgo

July 8, 2013 at 4:00 pm

I would think whatever you have available. This crafter used a grapevine wreath. Good luck!

4. Sharon Nolte

July 28, 2013 at 2:39 pm

I started with my grape vine wreath and glued the flowers on and the flip flops together, but I don’t think I will be able to wire the flip flops to the wreath because they are positioned in such a way that you can’t wire the flip flops on the wreath. So I guess I will just have to glue my flip flops onto the wreath and call it good. Any suggestions for keeping the grape vine wreath from shedding pieces of vines. Any other suggestions for making sure the flip flops stay on the wreath besides using the glue gun. I will use the glue gun but thought there is something else I could use also with the glue for keeping the sandals on. Thank you ☺

5. Jessica

March 29, 2014 at 8:00 pm

I have a foam wreath and am trying to glue them on but they will not stick :/ what could I use??? Help please

• Krisgo

March 31, 2014 at 3:29 pm

Use some wire to attach.. poke through the flip flop with an awl first if necessary. Hope that helps!

• Becky

May 31, 2014 at 3:27 pm

Try E6000 adhesive or a glue made specifically for styrofoam.

6. Louise Long

May 15, 2014 at 9:12 am

What size wreath did you use

• Krisgo

May 16, 2014 at 11:47 am

I would think a 12-14 inch diameter wreath would be perfect.

7. Donna