Category Archives: Computers
Here’s just a snipet of the article:
“Electronics — You know the situation: You’re cleaning out your closet and you find all manner of tangled cords with nary a matching device in sight! What on earth do you do with all of these defunct chargers and connector cables? Instead of simply tossing them into the trash, you should know that these, along with most other electronic objects, can indeed be recycled! Many municipalities, New York City included, will collect most electronics (even large televisions and computer monitors) after making a pick-up appointment. In fact, after 2015, New Yorkers will be requiredby law to recycle such objects. Be sure to check your local municipality’s website to see if they have a similar program. On the off chance that they do not, fear not! There are many stores that offer electronics recycling free of charge! Office Depot, for instance, will accept any electronics that fit within their recycling boxes. If you’re an Apple-phile, you can rest assured knowing that all of your Apple products can be dropped off or mailed to any Apple store for recycling— they’ll even give you an Apple gift card in return! Best Buy will also take your electronics off your hands, even if you didn’t purchase them there! Perfect for those obsolete cellphones, chargers, CD players, etc!”
Find rest of article and lots of good info HERE at DESIGNSPONGE
- Print out your photo onto vellum paper.
- Modpodge onto straight glass candle holders.
- When dry, put candle in and light.
I suggest: add a ribbon.
This would make an awesome Host / Graduation / Teacher / Mother’s Day / Father’s Day / Birthday / Grandparent’s Day / Christmas / etc. gift!! via
screenr.com – record movies of your desktop and send them straight to YouTube.
- ctrlq.org/screenshots – for capturing screenshots of web pages on mobile and desktops.
- goo.gl – shorten long URLs and convert URLs into QR codes.
- unfurlr.come – find the original URL that’s hiding behind a short URL.
- qClock – find the local time of a city using a Google Map.
- copypastecharacter.com – copy special characters that aren’t on your keyboard.
- postpost.com – a better search engine for twitter.
- lovelycharts.com – create flowcharts, network diagrams, sitemaps, etc.
- iconfinder.com – the best place to find icons of all sizes.
- office.com – download templates, clipart and images for your Office documents.
- followupthen.com – the easiest way to setup email reminders.
- jotti.org – scan any suspicious file or email attachment for viruses.
- wolframalpha.com – gets answers directly without searching – see more wolfram tips.
- printwhatyoulike.com – print web pages without the clutter.
- joliprint.com – reformats news articles and blog content as a newspaper.
- ctrql.org/rss – a search engine for RSS feeds.
- e.ggtimer.com – a simple online timer for your daily needs.
- coralcdn.org – if a site is down due to heavy traffic, try accessing it through coral CDN.
- random.org – pick random numbers, flip coins, and more.
- pdfescape.com – lets you can quickly edit PDFs in the browser itself.
- viewer.zoho.com – Preview PDFs and Presentations directly in the browser.
- tubemogul.com – simultaneously upload videos to YouTube and other video sites.
- ctrlq.org/dictation – online voice recognition in the browser itself.
- scr.im – share you email address online without worrying about spam.
- spypig.com – now get read receipts for your email.
- sizeasy.com – visualize and compare the size of any product.
- myfonts.com/WhatTheFont – quickly determine the font name from an image.
- google.com/webfonts – a good collection of open source fonts.
- regex.info – find data hidden in your photographs – see more EXIF tools.
- livestream.com – broadcast events live over the web, including your desktop screen.
- iwantmyname.com – helps you search domains across all TLDs.
- homestyler.com – design from scratch or re-model your home in 3d.
- join.me – share you screen with anyone over the web.
- onlineocr.net – recognize text from scanned PDFs – see other OCR tools.
- flightstats.com – Track flight status at airports worldwide.
- wetransfer.com – for sharing really big files online.
- hundredzeros.com – the site lets you download free Kindle books.
- polishmywriting.com – check your writing for spelling or grammatical errors.
- marker.to – easily highlight the important parts of a web page for sharing.
- typewith.me – work on the same document with multiple people.
- whichdateworks.com – planning an event? find a date that works for all.
- everytimezone.com – a less confusing view of the world time zones.
- gtmetrix.com – the perfect tool for measuring your site performance online.
- noteflight.com – print music sheets, write your own music online (review).
- imo.im – chat with your buddies on Skype, Facebook, Google Talk, etc. from one place.
- translate.google.com – translate web pages, PDFs and Office documents.
- kleki.com – create paintings and sketches with a wide variety of brushes.
- similarsites.com – discover new sites that are similar to what you like already.
- wordle.net – quick summarize long pieces of text with tag clouds.
- bubbl.us – create mind-maps, brainstorm ideas in the browser.
51 more HERE! *Post updated – for pinners!*