Got a torn book? Did little Miss Colors-alot ruin some pages? Tired of the same old story? Here’s a great way to upcycle:
Category Archives: Inspirational
Have one person sit on a chair in front of a white board while the others write a positive phrase about them. Take a picture to give to each person. A very creative and positive group activity!! via the Farnsworths
Here’s one from Pennies of Time:
“Saying Thank You to Fire Fighters, Police Officers, or Teachers: I haven’t found a single time where our baked treats or basket of fruit and breads was turned away by one of our community helpers. The fire fighters always take the time to show the boys around the fire station. In one day, we make or gather the goods. The next day, we take our basket to donate and say thank you.” lots more there.
AND: Here’s just a portion of the 100′s of ideas with University of Nebraska LIncoln
- Conduct a community service project during the Big Help Day in October.
- Plan a Memorial Day program.
- Recognize veterans in your community.
- Participate in National Youth Service Day in April.
- On Thanksgiving, make sure your family knows what you are thankful for.
- Trim a mitten Christmas tree to donate mittens to local schools and homeless shelters.
- Organize a coat drive in which old coats are donated for use by needy people.
- Contact a local tree farm about donating a Christmas tree to a nursing home, homeless shelter or needy family.
- Decorate a Christmas tree at a nursing home, hospital, school or homeless shelter.
- Ring the bell for Salvation Army during the holidays.
- Deliver a May Day basket.
- Offer safety tips for youngsters during Halloween.
- Conduct an Easter Egg Hunt for needy children.
- On St. Patrick’s Day, don’t only wear something green, care for something green!
- Volunteer to return shopping carts during National Supermarkets Month in February.
- Make Spring baskets for seniors’ residential facility, neighbors or homeless shelters.
- On International Picnic Day in May, take your family or friends on a picnic. You supply the food and let Mother Nature supply the ants!
- Make a Halloween Safety Kit for youth.
- Give your Mom a hug and a homemade card for Mother’s Day.
- On Johnny Appleseed Day in March, deliver apples to homeless shelters.
- July is Anti-Boredom Month. Help your friends fight boredom by becoming active community volunteers.
- During July on National Cheer-Up Day, share a smile and cheer someone up.
- Mow the lawn for your Dad on Father’s Day.
- see more HERE
- Print the PDF HERE