Cute for kitchens!
Category: Grow it
Add some fresh green shoots to salads!
If you insist that everyone removes their shoes before entering, provide a space for them – AND a few potted plants! Cute!
Love herbs? Grow’em yourself!
Make a pretty separation between spaces with this tip!
Spray some vegetable cans with outdoor paint. Drill a few holes in the bottoms for drainage. Screw them onto a post and fill each with soil and plants – fun little color-burst in your garden!
Finding a lot of cute pictures on pinterest for these. Can’t wait to make my own!
Here’s how to make one from a plastic soda bottle:
- Cut the bottle in half.
- Use a Phillips screwdriver and a hammer to punch a hole in the center of the bottle cap.
- Cut a length of yarn/string about 1′-1.5′ long, double it over and tie a loop on one end.
- Thread the yarn/string through the hole in the bottle cap so that the knot is on the inside of the cap.
- Add potting soil and seeds…
- You need to water the soil from the top the first time in order to make sure that it is uniformly wet and that the string also is wet.