Category: Service Project
Lot’s of sizes to choose from – check it out!
Bandanas come in so many colors now-a-days – grab a few for this craft! These would be great to donate to your local foster care organization.
- 1 bandana (or a 22″ square piece of fabric)
- Wool blend felt scrap for the tail & face (my favorite shops listed here)
- Pearl cotton or 6 strands of floss
- Hand sewing needle & thread
- Poly-fill or other stuffing
- Hemostats (optional)
- Chopstick or pen to push the ears out.
- Fabri-Solvy or other embroidery transfer method
- Printed freezer paper (totally optional)
Start your seedlings off with this technique!
I’m thinking a scout troop could make a bunch of these to donate to a nursing home – and score major service project points and lots of Senior’s smiles!!
- a 2″ x 4″ board (only need 9.5″ of the board per holder – these are pine)
- a table saw, miter saw, or if you’re pretty handy, a circular saw
- sanding block or power sander
- wood stain (optional)
- polyurethane wood finish (optional)
- felt padding (highly recommended)