Print out a photo in black and white on vellum. Attach to a glass holder with mod podge, following instructions on mod podge. Would be super cute with a colorful ribbon tied aroung too! via
Tips for recreating your own neon love note:
* Sketch out your message and decide how many sticks you need.
* Buy a few more than you need because you’ll get some duds.
* Make sure you can attach them with clear tape and that it won’t damage the surface of the wall. Mine only peeled away at two spots because I was careful.
* Find the center of your word or phrase and then work your way out on either side.
* Use a tri-pod if you plan on photographing it.
* Make sure you don’t mind everyone else reading your message, too!
* Check your spelling. Haha!
It’s simply an oil drip pan, bought from Walmart for $12. Cheap!
The oil pan had a grease coating on it which came off with SimpleGreen. I didn’t want to put (or try to put a hole in it for hanging) a hole in it so I use the 3M picture hanging velcro.
Step 1- Choose paper or already made bamboo cones (sold at http://www.jbprince.com)
Step 2- Find the perfect balloons, water balloons have the right shape (sold at http://www.Amazon.com) and fill with helium.
Step 3- Choose a nice string or thin ribbon, multi colored yarn string (sold at Michaels) is my favorite.
Step 4- Tie yarn around balloon tie.
Step 5- Make small hole at the bottom of cone.
Step 6- Pull yarn through cone and make knot just under cone point.
Your Ice Cream Balloons are ready to fly!! My daughter and I had fun adding flowers on top as the cherry and we also adorned the cone with fancy bows but it’s really up to you, so get creative!!
2 plumbing flanges
1 (possibly 2) plumbing angle brackets
Length of plumbing pipe
3 “hinged loops”
2 full sheets of masonite
1 bundle of 2×2′s
2 small wheels
20 wood screws
Nail gun or hammer
Click HERE for complete instructions