Click HERE for the collection of 33 ideas – I’m sure you’ll find something that works for you – Check it out!
Category Archives: Recycle it
- 2 brackets or corbels. I bought mine at Home Depot in the moulding section (ranging from about $5 – $10 each) but they also have them in the curtains section (with holes already) and I’ve seen salvaged corbels at several thrift stores before. Shop around. They just need to be thick enough to drill a large hole through for your rod.
- Wood dowel slightly wider than your window. Mine is 1 1/2″ I think and cost about $1.50
- Shelf same width as your dowel. We had ours in the garage from a closet project that never happened!
This site uses an old baseball glove and jeans… Check it out HERE.. what could you use to up-cycle a watch?
These are so much cuter than your grandma’s old fashioned version. Check out the how to HERE.
Monofilament (fishing line)
I love this craft for kids! It would be so cute for a classroom! Imagine all the ‘schools’ of fish!!
For each porthole, you’ll need:
- 2 paper plates
- several goldfish crackers
- 8 cheerios
- craft/school glue
- markers for the grass (or silk grasses)
- grey paint
- blue cellophane
- Cut a circle out of one plate.
- Glue cheerios around the hole. Let dry.
- Draw grasses, then glue fish onto other plate. Let dry.
- Paint the cheerio plate grey, let dry.
- Tape cellophane into underside of cheerio plate. Glue the plates together.