Here is how to play this classic car travel game. Divide the car occupants into teams – left side and right side. Decide how you will determine when the game will end (time, length of trip, etc). Count the cows you see on your side of the car. If you pass a field full of lots of cows, you’d better count fast! If you pass a cemetery on your side of the car, you lose all your cows — but only if the opposing team calls out “your cows are buried!”.
This game gets interesting when distraction tactics are used to either cause your opponent to miss cows on their side of the road or to miss a cemetery on your side of the road. A white horse can count as a bonus. The team with the most cows wins!
Here is a point system you might like to use to make it a little more challenging:
1) Cows = 1 point each.
2) White Horse = 50 points
3) Chimney by itself (house burnt down) = 50 points each.
4) Peg legged man = 500 points each.
5) Gray mule = 100 points each.
6) Wind mill (out in pasture pumping water) = 50 points each.
7) Sheep or goats (replace cows if none are around) = 1 point each.
8 ) Cemetery = wipes out points. Start back at zero (0).
Have some more fun with cows and tell some cow jokes while you play!