- From Kissmybroccoli
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/8 cup oat bran
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 banana, sliced thin
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoons yellow cake mix
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- handful of sprinkles
1. Combine oats, oat bran, milk, and water in a pot over medium-high heat.
2. Once the mixture starts to boil, add banana slices and whisk briskly until banana “melts” into the oats.
3. Add protein powder, cake mix, and vanilla extract and continue cooking until it reaches your desired consistency (1-2 minutes for soupy oats, 3-4 minutes for thick oats).
Stir in a bit of the sprinkles and giggle to yourself as you see the rainbow swirl form in the bowl. Top with desired “frosting.” I used a good-sized spoonful of homemade coconut butter (just throw some unsweetened coconut in a food processor and let it do its thang for 10-20 minutes, occasionally scraping down the sides).
Then add a few more sprinkles…you know, for good measure!