Total Time Needed:
- 1 Hour
These totally tossable, squishable balls are lightweight and easy to grip, making them perfect for novice jugglers, beanbag games, or a good old game of catch.
- 9 (11-inch) balloons (for 3 balls)
- 2 1/4 cups of dried lentils
- Stretch the first balloon by inflating it halfway, holding it closed for about 30 seconds, and deflating it.
- Place a funnel in the balloon’s neck and gradually pour in 3/4 cup of lentils, pushing them in as you go. The balloon should be firm but squeezable.
- Snip off the balloon’s thick rubber lip. Cut the neck off a second balloon and gently stretch the opening.
- Ease the second balloon over the filled balloon, tucking in the neck as you go.
- Cut the neck off the third balloon, stretch the opening, and ease it over the other two. Repeat this process to make a set of three balls, or however many you’d like.