Dress up a dining room chair for Mom on Mother’s Day. This inexpensive, stylish idea comes from crafts.kaboose.com
What you’ll need:
- Standard white pillowcase
- 4 brown paper grocery bags
- White craft glue
- 2 spools of colorful ribbon (we used purple and yellow)
- Sequins in a variety of colors
- Gold paint pen
- Colorful craft jewels
- Colorful pom-poms
- Pink and silver glitter glue
How to make it:
- Start with an ironed pillowcase. Insert the four paper bags inside the pillowcase. This will keep the glue from seeping through the fabric and sticking to the other side. (See photo.)
- Print out the pattern. Cut out the crown and position in the middle of the pillowcase.
- Using your favorite font, print out the word”QUEEN” in big letters and place it above the crown. (See photo.) Then cut out each letter individually and place back onto the pillowcase.
- Pipe white craft glue around each letter and remove the patterns. Place sequins on the glue. (See photos 1, 2, 3.)
- Use a pencil to trace around the crown pattern. Remove pattern and trace pencil markings with gold paint pen. (See photo.)
- Decorate the crown using pom-poms, and glitter glue to write “MOM”. Outline the crown with silver glitter glue.
- Line the outer edges of the pillowcase using pink and yellow ribbon, adhering with white craft glue. Decorate corner by tying a couple of bows and gluing them in place. Glue another bow toward the bottom of the case, under the crown. Glue craft jewels in the bottom corners to cover up the ends of the ribbons.
- Decorate the bottom border of the pillowcase using colorful craft jewels. Glue smaller craft jewels in a line between the word “QUEEN” and the crown. (See photo.)
- Allow everything to dry completely before removing the paper bags. Place pillowcase over the back of Mom’s chair.
- White craft glue will wash out, and there are far too many attachments on this project to run the risk of washing it – for more durability use fabric glue and hand wash the case.
- Carefully fold the pillowcase and store in a zipper storage bag until next year.
- Sequins can be purchased by color or in variety packs.