- For the salad:
- 1 (12oz) package broccoli slaw
- 1c fresh broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
- 4-5oz bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2c salted cashews, or more to taste
- 1/2c dried cranberries, or more to taste
- For the dressing:
- 3/4c mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp vinegar
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the dressing:
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, and salt and pepper to taste. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary (more vinegar, sugar, salt, or pepper)
For the salad:
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli slaw, broccoli florets, and crumbled bacon.
- If making salad ahead of time, stir in only enough dressing to coat the salad (the salad will soften and the broccoli will release some of it’s liquid, so you don’t want to overdress the salad.) Refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 8 hours ahead of time. Right before serving, stir cashews and cranberries into the salad. Add a little more dressing if necessary.
- If serving immediately, stir in cashews, cranberries, and enough dressing to coat the salad well.
* For other variations, you could stir in a little grated cheddar cheese, 2 sliced green onions, or substitute toasted almonds for the cashews.