Skip to content
1 cup yellow corn Meal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack Cheese (or cheddar)
- 1 package hotdogs, each hot dog cut into 3 pieces
- Spray a mini muffin pan liberally with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place dry ingredients in a medium bowl and run a whisk through then to get any clumps out.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, milk, and oil together.
- Gently mix wet into dry ingredients. Careful not to overmix. Fold in shredded cheese.
- Fill each muffin tin nearly to the top with batter. Stick at hot dog piece into the center of each muffin. The batter is pretty thick and will do a god job of holding the weiners upright.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until batter is set. Careful not to overcook or the cornbread will be disappointingly dry. For complete article click HERE