- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 4 oz (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup jam or jelly of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment and set aside.
- Combine flour and baking soda in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, milk and vanilla until incorporated.
- Beat in egg until blended.
- Add flour and baking soda to the batter and beat until just incorporated.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes (note: this is not mandatory but I find it makes the dough easier to work with).
- Scoop one tablespoon of dough and make a well in the center with your thumb. Fill the well with jelly and cover with another tablespoon of dough to make a ball. Make sure the sides are sealed well.
- Place each ball on baking sheets two inches apart. If desired, use the tines of a fork to make crisscross patterns on the top.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes, until bottoms are lightly browned. Cool for five minutes on baking sheets, then remove to racks to cool completely.