- 1 can (8 ounce) juice-pack crushed pineapple
- Milk, as needed
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1/3 cup Sugar In The Raw®
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped carrots
- 2 tablespoons Sugar In The Raw®
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Spray 12 muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- Drain the pineapple reserving the juice. Set the pineapple aside. Add enough milk to the pineapple juice to make 3/4 cup. To the pineapple juice/milk mixture, add the vegetable oil, egg and vanilla.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, Sugar In The Raw®, baking powder and salt. Stir in the wet ingredients, just until moistened. Fold in the reserved pineapple and carrots.
- In a small bowl, combine the 2 tablespoons Sugar In The Raw® and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.