- Empty bag of chips (plastic outside, aluminium inside)
- Baking tray x 2 (or oven proof plates)
- Sheets of baking paper x 2 (bigger than the chip bag)
- Oven mitts
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Wash your empty chip bag gently with water and dry with a towel. Crumbs make bumps in the shrinkie, so you really want to start with a clean bag.
- On a baking tray, lay your chip bag flat between two sheets of baking paper. To get a long, flat shrinkie place an oven proof plate or tray on top. If you are after a more scrunched look, do not place the plate/tray weight on top.
- Place the baking trays in the oven for about 10 minutes. Have an adult check it every 2 minutes.
- Have an adult take the tray out of the oven and let it cool. Slowly peel the baking paper apart to reveal your new chip bag shrinkie. via